The collegial network is experiencing a period of excitement in the pedagogical integration of digital technologies:
- The MÉES Digital Action Plan for Education and Higher Education (PAN) calls for a number of actions aimed, inter alia, at supporting the development of students’ digital skills.
- Departmental curriculum specifications increasingly incorporate skills related to the mastery of information and numeracy skills among students.
Successful integration of information and digital skills into the curriculum challenges the implementation of winning conditions and requires the collaboration of various expertise. It is in this spirit of collaboration that the members of the Carrefour de la réussite (REPCAR) and the REPTIC Network met in videoconference on March 20, 2019.
During the meeting, based on previously identified winning conditions, the participants shared practices carried out in the colleges related to these conditions. Then they identified avenues that could lead to concrete actions to foster successful integration of information and digital skills into the curriculum.
The meeting made it possible to target avenues to explore, such as:
- Invest in first year pedagogy in connection with the digital action plan in education and higher education of the MÉES.
- Get teachers to think about their own information and digital skills, identify their need for training and encourage them to fill that need.
A future meeting between the REPCAR and the REPTIC will make it possible to specify concrete actions and means to realize them.
The following slideshow (in French) provides a good overview of the winning conditions and practices selected. It also gives access to the video of the meeting and proposes avenues that will be explored by the members of the two communities of practice at a future meeting:
- Context of the meeting of March 20, 2019
- Objectives of the meeting
- Video capsule of the meeting and link to the note-taking page
- Tracks to explore – some ideas …
- Suites to give
- Summary of Winning Conditions Identified by Participants at the April 2018 Carrefour de la réussite Symposium