BadgeCollégial.ca WebsiteDescription and access
Badge collégial.ca – Pilot project and future projects
In 2018-2019, the IT REP Network experimented with the awarding of digital badges to recognize and make known the mastery of digital skills by college students. Four colleges participated in the pilot project.Slideshow description and access
The slideshow first presents the pilot project that took place from January 2017 to June 2018: objectives, implementation steps, results, implementation challenges. Then, it gives an overview of future projects related to the granting of digital badges in the college network and the conditions associated with their success.
- Badge Collégial.ca – Pilot project and future projects (PowerPoint format) (contains animations): download
- Badge Collégial.ca – Pilot project and future projects (PDF format): download
- See the descriptive datasheets specific to each badge
For more information
- ICT Profile and Digital Badge Experiments : article published in Profweb on March 23, 2017
- Other resources associated with the project:
- Articles on the REPTIC site containing the keyword “Digital badge“
- Les usages du badge numérique dans le monde de l’éducation et du travail. Very complete slideshow used by Geoffroi Garon-Épaule during a workshop he animated on May 2016 (in french)
- Les usages du badge numérique dans le réseau collégial. Geoffroi Garon-Épaule’s 30-minute YouTube videos that discusses the concept of digital badges and its usefulness, and presents some ongoing projects in the college network (in french)
- Mapping digital badge projects around the world
WEBINAR: Developing and implementing Digital Badges at the Cégep de Lanaudière
During this webinar offered in May 2017 (in French), André Beauregard, continuing education counsellor at the Cégep régional de Lanaudière, presents the work being done as part of a project to develop and implement digital badges for non-credit online training. This work, in progress since October 2016, includes the creation and implementation of a series of digital badges for online workshops.Description and access
This presentation offers an overview of the various steps that have been taken or are still to come: identifying the need, targeting workshops, writing the descriptions of badge (criteria, proofs, awarding, duration, etc.), designing badges, integrating these developments on the WordPress platform (Badge Factor), activating the activities’ completion in Moodle, configuring the Moodle-WordPress link.
Attestation or certification of knowledge of skills from the ICT Profile for Students
Appeals to All Compilation from February 2012 in which proposals were made to attest students’ mastery of skills from the ICT Profile, either by issuing a certificate withing the program, by adding a mention on the report card or any other means.
Documentation on certification of skills from the ICT Profile for students
This resource lists documents which inventory ICT certifications around the world. These documents are part of a research project financed by the MEES.